Your Future Starts Today
Students not attending college need to be prepared and connected to the great jobs and career paths in our communities. They need quality jobs, and businesses in our community need a prepared workforce in order to grow and meet their hiring needs.
The Future Career Academy model is meant to be replicated and sustainable in communities to tie together geographically-defined businesses and schools. It is currently serving more than 5,000 students at 10 Hillsborough County high schools. All English 4 and English 4 Honors students are enrolled. Continued expansion plans to serve the whole county are underway.
Preparing and Connecting students to the great jobs in their community
Full-year integrated approach in the classroom and in partnership with the community focused on students not attending college
- Workforce development assignments such as resume writing, interviewing skills, dress for success, how to advance in a career, etc.
- Educational videos such as internships and certifications programs overview, as well as industry sector videos highlighting starting positions, salaries and opportunities for advancement
- Financial literacy to introduce financial concepts and good money management skills in preparation for employment and earning a paycheck
- Community and Business Connection Opportunities including:
- Great American Teach-In (Nov) - A panel presentation featuring business and community leaders
- Business Field Trip (Jan) - An opportunity to visit multiple businesses in the community
- Future Fair (April) - A hiring event featuring dozens of area employers
- Signing Day (May) - An opportunity to highlight select students who are entering certification programs, apprenticeships, or a new job
We’re preparing students for life with an integrated approach to workforce training. FCA bridges the gap for students by providing a targeted, integrated curriculum, specific soft and workforce development skills, access to certifications and apprenticeships, and good jobs right here in our community.